Posts for: November, 2015
What Can I Expect at a Normal Hygiene Visit?
At City Creek Dental taking good care of your mouth, teeth and gums means everything to us!! Good oral Hygiene is important not only for your smile, but for your overall health as well. Gum infections and periodontal disease is related to heart disease, stroke and preterm and/or low birth weight. Regular dental exams and professional cleanings can prevent these and many other health problems. Here is what you might expect at a typical dental hygiene visit.
Diagnostic services may include:
• Reviewing and updating medical history, including heart problems, cancer treatment, pregnancy, diabetes, joint replacement, medications, surgeries or any other major changes in health history
• Blood pressure check
• Oral cancer examination and screening
• Evaluation of gum tissue
• Checking biting, chewing and swallowing patterns
• X-rays, examination of teeth to detect decay
• Treatment planning
• Referral to specialists for specific treatment
Preventive services may include:
• Removal of plaque and tartar
• Stain removal
• Fluoride application
• Polishing of fillings or crowns
Educational services may include:
• Tooth brushing and flossing instructions
• Nutritional counseling
• Recommendations for future treatment: when to return for following hygiene treatment, periodontal (gum) concerns, restorative options, etc.
• Evaluation of possible cosmetic enhancements
• Evaluation of self-care effectiveness
• Tobacco-cessation counseling
SO, If you’re not scheduled for your next hygiene visit…give us a call!